Thursday, March 11, 2010

When Picture Talks..


When it comes to pictures, I’ve always amazed at how others make the picture talks. This is not by any mean to magic or mystical thingy but how they beautifully capture the story into just a picture. This is how I started to fall in love with photography and graciously, the path was so clear in front of me.

When I was in UM, I took basic photography course for my co-curricular activity. That's when I first met SLR and dream to own it. However, the dream was never comes true till now. Jealousy arose every time I saw my friends' photostream on flickr. At first, I foolishly thought that I won’t be able to produce such pictures unless I’ve a SLR.

“This is not cameragraphy! This is photography”, once, akhi Ikram said in one of his photography class that I attend. That’s when I confirmed, I also can do it even without a DSLR.

Ansel Adam, a genius photographer once said,

“No rules for good photograph. It’s just a good photograph”

However, there are still a few basics that need to be at least known if not practiced.

Listed below are a few tips that you can do to produce a good picture regardless of what camera you use. Even handset’s camera can be applied with them. Credit to akhi Ikram, the presentator on the course of basic photography that i attend with just RM3 as the fee! Believe it?! Hehe.. Lucky me..

1. STABILITY – make sure whenever you shoot, the camera doesn’t move along with your hand. Or, if you have a shaky hand, use monopod or tripod to hold the camera.

2. SUBJECT must be clear! You have to know what you want to be in the picture.

3. COMPOSITION – play along. Don’t stick to the centre. Might also try for the RULE OF THIRD (you can search for more info).

4. PICTURE SIZE – set on the largest. Easy to crop and able to make a few different composition of the same picture.

5. BACKGROUND – sometimes, to get a good picture is when you find the background first and wait for any subject to come into the frame.

6. ANGLE – it can be eye level, upper or lower (ant-eye view).

7. CROPPING – usually was done after taking the picture but I prefer doing it while taking the picture.

8. Last but not least, do lots and lots of practice! Cause practice makes perfect.

Anyway, this is just tooooo basic. Photography is a wide subject. However, don’t stick to the rules soo much. This is just as a guidance. Well, all the best to all photographers out there, not to forget me, myself! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Footerpages

Pages

tabcontent

video